What Can I Do Right Now to Lower My Blood Pressure?
Table of Contents
Contact your doctor in Abu Dhabi right away if you experience any consequences from high blood pressure, such as a stroke or heart attack. In such critical situations, avoid attempting home treatments.
If you have high blood pressure (hypertension) but no other symptoms, the first thing you should do is relax and lie down. Set aside the activity at hand and gradually begin to take deep breaths. This stress-relieving practice can help lower blood pressure to a degree.
If soothing measures don’t work, see a doctor right away. Also, if your blood pressure not managed by lifestyle modifications or diet, remember to take your antihypertensive medications.
What is the definition of blood pressure?
The force exerted by the blood on the inner walls of the arteries known as blood pressure. It fluctuates somewhat throughout the day, decreasing while resting and temporarily increasing when happy or stressed. An increase in resting it can cause arteries to scar, stiffen, or harden.
What is hypertension (high blood pressure)?
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a hidden killer that affects 80 million Americans. Up to 16 million people in the United States are unaware of the problem. Hypertension, if left untreated, can raise the risk of heart disease and stroke.
The narrowing of relatively small blood arteries called arterioles causes high. As a result, to overcome the resistance in the narrower blood artery bed, the heart must pump harder. As a result, the pressure inside the vessels rises.
- Hypertension is when readings consistently range from 140 or higher for systolic or 90 or higher for diastolic.
- Blood pressure readings of more than 180/120 mmHg are extremely high and should treated immediately in a hypertension clinic in Abu Dhabi.
High blood pressure is more likely to result in:
- heart attack
- heart failure
- vision loss
- erectile dysfunction
- weak bones
- kidney failure
What additional options are there for lowering blood pressure?
High pressure can control by making lifestyle changes. Medicines can be avoided, delayed, or reduced by leading a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some lifestyle changes that may aid in lowering blood pressure:
- Exercise on a daily basis: Exercise on a daily basis is an effective approach to decrease weight and lower my blood pressure. Exercising for 30 minutes every day can lower by 5-8 mmHg.
- Reduce salt intake: The average person consumes 3,400 mg of sodium per day, although the recommended daily sodium intake is 2,300 mg, with a lower limit of less than 1,500 mg for those with high pressure.
- Consume healthy foods that are low in salt, saturated fats, and cholesterol. Dietary approaches to hypertension control are the name give to this method of preventing hypertension through dietary control (DASH).
- Increase potassium intake: Adding more potassium to your diet can help to control your heart rate and counteract the effects of sodium in your body. Foods high in potassium include:
- Bananas, melons, avocados, and apricots are examples of fruits that are high in potassium.
- Spinach, kale, and green leafy vegetables.
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Salmon and tuna
- Seeds and nuts.
Avoid heavy alcohol consumption: Alcohol in moderation is not harmful to the body. Do not consume more than one drink each day. It’s best to avoid binge drinking.
Cigarette smoking has linked to an increase in blood pressure. Quitting smoking aids in the recovery of normal.
Avoid excessive stress:
Stress hormones, such as cortisol, constrict vessels and can cause temporary pressure rises. Overeating, lack of sleep, and drug and alcohol abuse are all symptoms of stress.
It should check on a regular basis at home to eliminate the unnecessary stress that might arise in a clinical environment.
For a healthy life book an appointment with Wellness One Day Surgery Center. Wellness’ primary care doctors are highly qualified and have a total working experience of more than 50 years in the UAE. Their general practitioners deal with a wide range of health conditions.
They evaluate all biological, psychological, and social components in order to find a treatment for their patients’ illnesses. They specialize skills and trained to deal with a wide range of diseases, from mild to severe. Visit them now and lead a stress-free and healthy lifestyle for yourself and your loved ones.