Top 4 Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for your Skin
Table of Contents
Hempseed oil is frequently called “hemp oil” and it is harvested by cold pressing hemp seeds. Hemp oil is typically not refined. It’s a transparent green oil that can also possess a distinct nutty taste.
It’s distinct from cannabidiol (CBD) oil that is an extract from the cannabis plant. It makes use of hemp leaves and flowers to make it.
Hemp oil comes with numerous benefits for health, not just those which improve the health of your skin. It’s extremely beneficial for skin health because of its vitamins that nourish and moisturize properties.
What benefits does hemp oil have for your skin?
There are numerous skincare benefits you can reap from hemp seed oil either directly or through consuming it.
Moderate oil production
Hemp oil is great for all types of skin because it moisturizes without clogging your pores. It is also able to reduce oily skin, nourish it, and control the production of oil in the skin.
Dryness may also cause your skin to produce excessive oil and, may, in turn, cause acne. Hemp oil is a great remedy for dry skin and prevent pores from becoming clogged. This reduces acne caused by excessive oil.
Soothes and moisturizes the skin
The omega-6 fat hemp oil is gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) that acts as an effective anti-inflammatory, while stimulating the growth of skin cells and encouraging new cells to grow.
This can ease irritation and inflammation of the skin, such as acne as well as some conditions like Psoriasis. This can also help keep the skin moisturized and nourished.
Treats Atopic skin irritation
One of the reasons that hempseed oil so beneficial for the skin is because it is rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fats. Consuming these nutrients can aid in the treatment of skin issues such as Atopic allergic dermatitis.
One single-blind, randomized crossover study revealed that the consumption of hempseed oil decreased the symptoms and signs of atopic dermatitis that was clinically evident within 20 weeks.
It has anti-aging properties
Alongside providing moisturizing and soothing to the appearance of skin, hemp oil also has anti-aging properties. Hemp oil may help reduce wrinkles and fine lines and can also stop signs of aging from appearing.
The oleic and linoleic acids found in hemp cannot be made by the body , but they can play an important role in the health of your skin and fight aging and therefore are important supplements to your diet.
Are you ready to begin? Buy hemp seed oil in India.
Different Ways to Use Hemp Oil?
There are many methods to benefit your skin that hemp oil can provide.
The topical application of hemp oil
The initial method is applying hemp oil directly onto the skin. This could be helpful when you experience immediately irritated or dry patches on your skin that you wish to soften quickly.
Before using the oil conduct a patch test and test it to ensure that you won’t experience an adverse reaction:
- Dry and wash an area of your elbow (such as the elbow’s crook).
- Use a tiny amount of hemp oil pure. (If you are using the essential oil and hemp mix, try it in a different location away from the pure oil, as well as at a separate moment.)
- Place the area in the bandage, and then leave it for 24 hours.
- If any type of burning, redness itching, or any other irritations occur, you should think you’re allergic to oil, and should not apply it. You are experiencing reactions, you should remove the bandage as soon as possible and clean the area using detergent and water.
- You don’t notice or feel any reactions, it’s likely safe to use.
- If you’re using hemp oil for treating acne and would like to apply it to your skin place the oil on on clean skin and allow it to remain on for a minimum of two minutes before washing off by using warm water.
The hemp oil is a part of the essential oils mix. It is also possible to mix hemp oil with other ingredients that soothe and reduce inflammation by making a mixture like the following. It is a great option to apply directly on the skin:
- 1 cup hemp oil
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil melted (can be made by melting it in the microwave; put the desired amount into a microwave-safe container and then heat it at intervals of 30 seconds with stirring between every interval until completely melting)
- Four to five drops of skin-boosting essential oil, such as rosemary or lavender oils
- Be aware that essential oils, such as lavender and rosemary oil should be applied topically, or in a dilute mixture. Don’t take essential oils ingestion. A lot of them are poisonous.
The oral use of hemp oil
The other option is to consume hemp oil and provide the same benefits for skin and other health benefits that can be obtained applying the oil applied topically. If you consume hemp oil in the form of a capsule, there’s a lesser risk of breakouts or skin irritations but it can cause a temporary stomach upset.
Speak to your physician before using hemp oil for oral consumption.
If you choose to consume it orally, you can take anywhere from one to two teaspoons daily or all at once or split into two portions.
If you aren’t a fan of the flavor or eating the hemp oil on its own it is also possible to make use of it in other recipes. It is possible to mix it with other foods, such as salad dressings, smoothies, or soup.
Also, check out the 100% natural hemp protein powder by Hampa Wellness.