Teeth Whitening Cost and Benefits
Are you one who feels shy in smiling in front of others due to the yellow teeth? If yes, then you may have also tried many homemade techniques to whiten your teeth. But is it worth it?
You may not be known, but there are many benefits of teeth whitening. The list of which I am going to share here in this article. So if you want to know more about it, read it till the end.
What is a Teeth Whitening procedure?
Teeth whitening is a procedure through which the stains from the teeth are removed to restore the natural color of the teeth. The dentists usually perform teeth whitening at the dental clinic. But you can also whiten your teeth in your house through the whitening products available in the market.
Teeth whitening is one of the widely adopted cosmetic dentistry procedures which provides reliable and long-lasting results.
As said before, you can perform teeth whitening both at home and the dentists, but it’ll be best if you get it from the dentist.
You can visit the best dental clinic near you to get the best teeth whitening treatment.
Who are the good candidates for Teeth Whitening treatment?
Before stepping into the teeth whitening procedure, you must know whether you are suitable for the treatment or not. To be a good candidate for teeth whitening treatment, you must possess the following qualities.
- Before opting for the teeth-whitening treatment, you must check that you have good dental health.
- You must be old enough to understand the procedure clearly.
- If you have stained or yellow teeth, you can opt for the teeth whitening treatment.
- You must be sure enough and confident about the effects of the teeth whitening treatment.
What are the two types of Teeth Whitening?
When it comes to teeth whitening, there are two options available right in front of you, either you can try the office-based method or the home-based method.
Office-based teeth whitening:
Office-based teeth whitening provides quicker results than home-based kits. The office-based whitening kits are stronger than the home-based kits. This type of teeth whitening offers a combination of heat and speed to intensify the whitening process. The office-based treatment ranges from 15,000-20,000 INR. It will take around 1-2 hours to complete the treatment.
Home-based teeth whitening:
Home-based teeth whitening is a technique in which we use teeth whitening products available in the market like tooth whitening strips and gels, tray-based tooth bleaching systems, tooth whitening toothpaste, and more whitening purposes. In this type of teeth whitening method, you can take your own time. The home teeth whitening costs may start from 5,000 and go up to 8,000 on a minimum basis.
Both methods are effective in their way. However, it would be best if you get the professional one. As this will stay longer and also your dentist will take care of your dental requirements. In the office-based treatment, you no need to fear the side effects as the dentist will suggest the method to deal with it.
What are the benefits of Teeth Whitening?
Teeth Whitening not only has oral benefits but others too. Let’s have a glance at each one.
- It enhances your self-esteem and boosts your self-confidence.
- Your mouth will be healthier and free from plaque build-up or stains.
- You’ll have a brighter smile.
- It is an affordable treatment. Usually, anyone can get teeth whitening treatment at an affordable price.
- It improves your overall appearance.
- The Teeth Whitening treatment is a non-invasive and virtually painless treatment.
So these were some benefits of the Teeth Whitening treatment.
Are there any side effects of Teeth Whitening?
Usually, at the office-based teeth whitening, there won’t be any side effects, and if there, the dentists won’t provide you with the treatment. They will inform you about your oral health condition before performing the treatment. Whereas in the home-based treatment the tooth products may cause damages to your teeth like,
- They can erode your enamel.
- They can leave your gums irritated just after applying the solutions.
So these were some noted side effects of teeth whitening.
Consider both the side effects before opting for the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Teeth Whitening Cost and Benefits:
What are the questions to ask a dentist before getting the teeth whitening treatment?
Questions to ask a dentist before getting the dental treatment are:
- Is the treatment effective for teeth whitening?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Will the teeth whitening impact the other dental work done on my teeth?
- How much whiter teeth would it get after whitening?
You can ask these questions before stepping into the teeth whitening treatment.
Which is the most effective teeth whitening method?
In-office teeth whitening is the best way to whiten your teeth. Office-based teeth whitening is best because of the following reasons.
- It takes very little time at the dentist, usually around some 30-60 minutes.
- This is more effective than home-based whitening.
- It lasts longer than the home-based whitening method.
How much do the teeth whitening treatment may cost?
Usually, the Teeth Whitening Cost and treatment may cost you around some 15,000-20,000 on an average. This cost is only for office-based whitening. The cost of home-based teeth whitening will be relatively less.
I hope you find the article helpful. You can share your suggestions and comments below here in the comment section. Stay connected and see you soon shortly with the following article.