Table of Contents
Call of Duty: Cold War has gained immense popularity among gamers for its intense multiplayer and engaging storyline. However, like any complex online game, it is not uncommon to encounter errors while playing. One such error is the Cold War UI Error 10002, which can disrupt your gaming experience. In this article, we will guide you through troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Cold War Error 10002 and get back to enjoying the game without interruptions. Cold War UI Error 10002 is a common error that can occur when playing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The error message usually appears when there is a problem with the game’s files or your internet connection.
Understanding Cold War UI Error 10002:
It is an error message that occurs when there’s a problem with the user interface (UI) of Call of Duty: Cold War. This error code typically indicates an issue with the game files, connectivity problems, or conflicts with certain system configurations. Resolving this error requires a combination of troubleshooting steps to identify and fix the underlying cause.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Cold War UI Error 10002:
Restart the game:
- Close Call of Duty: Cold War and exit the game completely.
- Restart the game and check if the error still persists.
Verify game files:
- If the error persists, it may be due to corrupted or missing game files.
- If you’re using Steam, right-click on Call of Duty: Cold War in your game library and select “Properties.”
- In the properties window, navigate to the “Local Files” tab and click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Steam will then check and replace any corrupted or missing files.
- For console players, consult the official support documentation for instructions on verifying game files.
Check for game and system updates:
- Ensure that you’re using the latest version of Call of Duty: Cold War.
- Check for any available updates through your respective gaming platform (Steam, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live).
- Additionally, keep your system drivers, including graphics card drivers, up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
Disable overlays and background applications:
- Disable any overlays such as Discord overlay, Nvidia GeForce Experience, or AMD Radeon Software.
- These overlays can sometimes conflict with the game and cause errors.
Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall:
- Antivirus software and firewalls can sometimes interfere with the game’s operation.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall, then launch Call of Duty: Cold War to see if the error is resolved.
- If the error no longer occurs, add the game to your antivirus and firewall exceptions list for future use.
Contact game support:
- If none of the above steps resolve the Cold War UI Error 10002, it is recommended to contact the game’s official support.
- Visit the Call of Duty support website or reach out to their customer support team for further assistance.
- Provide them with specific details about the error code and any troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted.
Here are some additional tips that may help you fix Cold War UI Error 10002:
Try playing the game in offline mode.
Disable any overlays that you are using, such as Discord or NVIDIA Shadowplay.
Try changing your DNS settings.
Contact Activision support for help.
Conclusion on Cold War UI Error 10002:
It can be frustrating, but by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve the issue in most cases. Restart the game, verify game files, check for updates, disable overlays and unnecessary applications, and temporarily disable antivirus and firewall software. Enjoy your immersive gaming experience in Call of Duty: Cold War without any interruptions.